SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR TEENAGERS
The teenage years are a period of great fluctuation. This is the peak of structural and hormonal changes. The most sensitive part of a teen's body is their skin, which is prone to acne, rashes, and sunburn at this age. Teenagers need a thorough skin care routine. Nine out of ten teenagers experience changes in their skin.
There are many changes that occur during adolescence, some of which can harm our skin, others of which can nourish it.
There's nothing to worry about since teen skin is remarkably adaptable and easy to treat. Every teenager, boy or girl, should have a morning and evening skincare routine.
SHOULD A TEENAGER HAVE A SKINCARE ROUTINE ?
In order to feel confident and keep their skin looking good, teens need an effective skin care regimen. As a result of so many hormonal changes in the body, teens should take good care of their skin to prevent acne and rough skin. Caring for the skin will provide soothing benefits because it is the most sensitive part of the body.
SKIN CARE ROUTINE :-
The tips are as follows --
1. Cleanse – Each morning and evening, wash your face with a gentle cleanser that is suitable for your skin type. Using slow, gentle strokes, apply it all over your face in circular motions. Using soaps on your skin can cause acne and harsh patches since they are too harsh. So, avoid using soaps.
Do wash your face with just fresh warm water before going to bed.
2. Toning – As you clean your face, the pores on your face are opened. The pores have to be filled before makeup is applied, otherwise the face will look cakey. You should apply a good branded toner to your face and allow it to dry for 2-4 minutes. Then, moisturize your skin.
3. Moisturize – Sometimes the face feels hard after toning. Apply a moisturizer suitable for your skin type at least 2-3 times a day to keep your face soft and gentle. It maintains your skin's hydration and helps in reducing facial irritation and acne production. Skincare routine of teenagers with acne must have a moisturizing step in it.
If you have an oily skin, use a non-oil moisturizer. You should instead use a gel-based moisturizer. You should use a moisturizer with a lower oil content if you have dry skin, and one with less added fragrance if you have sensitive skin.
4. Sun damage treatment – Teenagers mostly stay outside in the sun. As a result, their skin could be damaged severely, and they will later worry about it. Protection from sun damage is a must.
Use a SPF 30 or more sunscreen for protection from UVA and UVB. The sun can drastically dehydrate your skin. The use of sunscreen gives the skin a good amount of collagen, which is responsible for its strength and hydration.
5. Care for lips and hand – Despite the fact that we spend most of our day using our lips and hands, we often forget to take care of them. Use a fruit-based lip balm for a smooth, shiny and hydrated lips. Try not to bite your lips often.
Don't forget to use hand cream before you leave the house. Hand cream are preferred to use early morning and before sleep.
Now you are ready to go. Go and enjoy your day.
Teenagers often have questions about skin care. Below are answers to some most asked questions by teens :
WHAT IS THE BEST/GOOD SKINCARE ROUTINE ?
Every skincare routine is unique in its own way. The main thing is to stick to it and follow it your whole teen life, even after that. The simple process to a healthy and glowing skin is a good diet, proper sleep time and less stressful life.
SHOULD A 13/14 YEAR OLD HAVE A SKINCARE ROUTINE ?
Yes! Skincare for teens should start at the age of 13 when puberty hits. During this time there is a high concentration of hormones in our body which leads to many skin problems. A proper skin care at a proper time is the key to charming and acne free skin. One more thing to remember is that skincare routine is same for both teenage girl and boy.
It is my sincere hope that you will follow it diligently. Never forget that a healthy skin gives you pleasure whatever the situation might be.
Image : unsplash